The specifications on INVICTA Mirus XLR and RCA outputs exceed those of the regular INVICTA.
Specification of the first batch of MIRUS are now available. We have been able to guarantee significant enhancement Mirus Pro:Dynamic Range exceeds 130dB
and THD + Noise exceeds 114dB.
INVICTA Mirus PRO differs from INVICTA PRO in the following ways:
- The headphone module is removed and two ESS SABRE 9028PRO DAcs are added to the back-panel XLR and RCA outputs. This allows a total of eight ES9028PRO channels for each stereo output. The THD and noise are thereby improved even further than on the INVICTA.
- Upgrade your MIRUS to MIRUS PRO
The second generation INVICTA and INVICTA Mirus are hardware and firmware upgrades to the existing first generation INVICTA. But the good news is that the firmware to support DSD and the higher sample rates is compatible with first generation INVICTAs. (The firmware upgrade also enables the Apple Remote Control on the first generation INVICTAs)
Dynamic ESS Sabre DAC Implementation
Featuring the Sabre ES9028PRO Audio DAC circuitry with the latest Hyperstream technology
- The ESS Sabre Pro series DAC is the world’s highest performance 32-bit audio DAC solution.
- 2 ESS Sabre 9028PRO chips are used for precise conversion..
- Engineered with more conveniences than a standard DAC
- Adaptable for home use or in the recording studio.
- Designed by the chassis designers at IMWorks, and Resonessence engineers intimately familiar with the exceptional ESS Sabre DAC. Designed, produced, and manufactured in Canada.
- Provides endless hours of high-fidelity audio playback.
- Minimal amounts of noise and distortion and accurate frequency response
- SD card reader for seamless high-resolution sound enjoyment without a computer. No computer, no noise added into the loop.
- RCA + XLR analog outputs.
- High-speed USB, Toslink, BNC, AE5.
- Supports all major audio inputs and outputs
- Two headphone amplifiers that deliver pristine sound quality.
Both INVICTA and MIRUS software can be upgraded without use of a computer or any installer program on the computer.
The systems have the ability to replace their own installed software from a file on the SD Card in its own SD Card slot.
The update file is the same for INVICTA and MIRUS: the software detects the product type and installs the appropriate code.
Most files on the SD Card inserted to INVICTA and MIRUS will, of course, be music files.
But certain file types, (specifically *.bin files) are interpreted as sources for software updates.
The procedure for software updates therefore begins by copying the software update file that you
have downloaded from the WWW to an SD Card and navigating to that file with the front panel controls.
Initiating ‘playback’ of the software update file will seamlessly install the new upgrade on your INVICTA or MIRUS
INVICTA/MIRUS Firmware 6.2.4 requires that latest version of the Resonessence USB Driver on Windows computers. [How do I check this?]
HDMI output should be disabled prior to the upgrade process. [How do I do this?]
You must have firmware version 5.2.2 or 6.2.0 (or newer) installed prior to upgrading to 6.2.4
[see the note below “If you would like to confirm your serial number and software version” to check this]
Available Now (November 2014):
Downloading and Installing
|Release 6.2.4 adds the following features:
Release 6.2.2 adds the following features:
- Allow SPDIF data with the data flag enabled to play.
- Fix an issue with some AIFF files not playing correctly.
Release 6.2.1 adds the following features:
- Fix an issue with some AIFF files not playing correctly.
- Fix possible audio glitch in USB 1.0 mode.
- Improve support for some types of SD cards.
- Improve our differential headphone output.
|Download this file: 6_2_4_Upgrade and take the following steps (this procedure is documented in the Invicta User Guide and repeated here for your convenience)
The upgrade procedure will then take place, you will see the actions “Erasing Software”, “Applying Upgrade”, “Writing USB firmware ” and finally, “Upgrade Complete Please Cycle Power”
At this point turn off the power, and after a few seconds, turn it on again. INVICTA/MIRUS will now boot with the new software.
If you would like to confirm your serial number and software version:
- Download the ZIP file into a temporary directory on your computer, extract the BIN file that is in the ZIP, and copy this BIN file onto an SD Card.
- Turn OFF all your connected audio equipment, or disconnect the rear panel connectors.
- Turn INVICTA/MIRUS on at the rear panel, and press the center of the Rotary Knob to go to operational mode from standby.
- Disable the HDMI output via the options menu prior to continuing. [How?]
- Enter the top level menu by depressing briefly the left-most button and scroll with the Rotary Knob down to SD Card Audio.
- Insert the SD Card into the SD Card slot, and then press the center of the Rotary Knob. INVICTA/MIRUS will read all the files on the card.
- Scroll through (with the rotary knob) to the file “Invicta Upgrade 6.2.4” and press the center of the Rotary Knob to “play” the file.
- The display will show the option to update the software, turn the Rotary Knob to select the “Yes” Option, and press the center of the Rotary Knob.
- Enter the top level menu by depressing briefly the left most button.
- Scroll to Options and press the center of the Rotary Knob.
- Scroll through Settings to (My Invicta), and press the knob.
The final selection displays the serial number of the unit and the software installed.
Returning the Invicta for Repair under Warranty
If you find any problems, faults or unexpected performance in the Invicta unit in the first three years of operation, it may well be covered by our warranty policy. The first step in returning a unit to Resonessence is to contact your local dealer, or directly by phone to us at our Canadian headquarters (778) 477-5536. We are in the North America Pacific Coast time zone and the country code for international calls is (1).
You may also email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please be prepared to provide the unit serial number when requesting support and be sure to include it in any Email.
Resonessence is pleased to provide a three year warranty under the terms described below, but reserves the right to determine whether the warranty applies in each specific case. We will attempt to determine if the warranty is applicable in the initial contact you make with us or our dealers, but it may be necessary to return the unit for inspection to make the determination.
All returned items require a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number which you will receive from us along with the shipping address to which the unit should be returned. Please mark the shipping box with the RMA clearly visible on the outside. We can only accept units for return or repair with the RMA attached.
By shipping a unit to us you agree to the terms and conditions of our repair and return policy, outlined below.
Subject to the conditions set forth below, for three year after the original purchase date of the unit (unless otherwise specified), Resonessence will repair, or if necessary replace, the unit at no additional cost, in the event of a defect in materials or workmanship of the hardware elements of the unit. This warranty is extended only to an original purchaser of the unit from an authorized reseller or directly from Resonessence. We do not provide a warranty of any kind if the unit has been purchased from an unrecognized or unauthorized reseller. We may request proof of purchase prior to providing any warranty service. We may, at our discretion, not extend the warranty to units used as rental units by a third party business if not approved by Resonessence or our authorized dealers. Note that this warranty extends only to the “unit” – that is, our warranty does not apply to the other elements that we ship, for example, the USB cable and the remote control unit. These are specifically not covered by this warranty (they are not products manufactured by Resonessence).
This warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship in the hardware elements of the system. Damages incurred in shipping, or due to accident, inappropriate use of the unit or power surges of any kind are not covered. Alterations to the unit undertaken by unauthorized individuals or organizations are not covered. Damage incurred during attempted reverse engineering, design data extraction or attempted internal measurements of any kind are specifically excluded from any warranty.
Installation of any unapproved software, or external algorithms of any kind designed to expose or debug the operation of the unit, or to circumvent or otherwise interfere with the unit’s unique identity code, causing damage or thereby erasing the unit’s operating system or similar, are not covered by any warranty. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHERS WHICH VARY FROM STATE/JURISDICTION TO STATE/JURISDICTION.
REPAIRS MADE UNDER WARRANTY
Resonessence will be responsible for all parts and labour necessary to fix defects in materials or workmanship of the hardware elements of the unit.
NON-WARRANTY REPAIRS ETC.
Resonessence will charge for a minimum two hours of work at the prevailing hourly rate, plus all shipping costs, for any unit returned that does not qualify for the warranty service, or is returned for upgrade, technical audit or software re-initialization. Upon receipt of the unit, we will inform you of the estimated cost of the work and await your approval to proceed. Note that in all cases, even if you do not agree to the additional work, you will be responsible for the minimum two hours and shipping costs.
Parts and labour costs incurred to complete non-warranty work, even in the case where they exceed our estimate, will be your responsibility.
REPLACED, REPAIRED OR UPGRADED PARTS
Any parts repaired or replaced either under warranty or as a paid service, are themselves warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for three years after the service date. Parts not replaced or repaired remain on the initial warranty schedule.
If a unit covered by warranty needs servicing during the first 30 days after the original purchase date, Resonessence will cover the cost of shipping the unit back, as well as the return shipping to you. After this initial 30 day period, and for three years after the original purchase date, Resonessence will only cover the cost of shipping the unit back to you, and you are responsible for the cost of shipping the unit to Resonessence. You are responsible for all shipping costs both to and from Resonessence for non-warranty work. You are responsible for paying all taxes, import duties, or similar fees imposed by foreign countries or other jurisdictions.
LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS
RESONESSENCE DOES NOT, BY VIRTUE OF THIS DOCUMENT, OR BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE, MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. RESONESSENCE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED INDEMNITIES. RESONESSENCE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES TO RECORDINGS, DATA STORAGE DEVICES, TAPES, DISKS, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COVER, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF ANY PRODUCT, OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF RESONESSENCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES. ANY DAMAGES THAT RESONESSENCE IS REQUIRED TO PAY FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ORIGINAL COST PAID TO RESONESSENCE FOR THE APPLICABLE UNIT. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.